Thursday, February 8, 2018

Tail Feathers - Thursday, February 8, 2018

A few years ago we collected photos of our fluffy-butted Icelandic Sheepdogs' tails. I thought it was time to look at some of them again. Everyone, EVERYONE, has their favorite tail; it shouldn't surprise anyone that the tails their dogs have are exactly what they think all tails should look like. That's only natural.

Here are some of the great tails our dogs have. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.

















If you have a favorite tail and it doesn't look like any of those above, please send me a photo and I'll add it. Tails (and butts) only please. (It would be great if you'd also include your dog's name, its official registered name. I won't use it but it would be nice to have anyway.) I've noticed that tails that are too relaxed seem like that even with careful breeding they may be hard to fix , hard to improve, genetically. I don't know if that's true but they do seem to persist for several generations.

No comments: