Thursday, March 5, 2020

March 5, 2020

I'm beginning to think Spring might be just around the corner. The Canada geese have paired up and bonded, the ships have returned to the Great Lakes, migrating ducks are flying fast and low over the water, the witch hazel has started finally to flower, the snow, when it comes now, doesn't last very long.









I visited both an agility trial and an obedience trial recently and saw some friends I haven't seen in too many years, Kim, Pippa, Cathi, Kathy, Marcella, Mark, Dorothy. Honest? I don't know if I ever will do trials again with my dogs. I loved seeing my old friends again. The travel time to sites, the waiting for your turn, the boredom while waiting, the expense, the questionable food choices, leaving my home-dogs alone for a long day, mitigate against my participation. Training is enjoyable. Showing? Not so much. I lack the competitive drive I guess.







No comments: