Friday, July 15, 2011

Binky and her son Korpur




Binky, Pineridgeicelandics Silfra - top, is a beautiful eleven year old Icelandic Sheepdog and mother to my own Alaskastadirs Korpur.

I just heard from Ginny and Ben in Alaska. I had written to ask about Korpur's mom, Binky. She turned eleven on her last birthday March 21, 2011 and is doing well.

Binky's maternal grandmother was "Huld" (IS02811/93).

My own Huld's great-grandmother was the same Huld - Helga let me choose my Huld's name and I chose it because of one gorgeous photo I had seen of that ancestral Huld.

My Kersins Huld was the first Icelandic Sheepdog in Michigan and was the only one until Kersins Kata came a year later.

Huld was also the first Icelandic Sheepdog in North America to earn her AKC Companion Dog obedience title. Kata was the second. Hey, everyone else brags, I need to also! I have many obedience and agility titles on my dogs now. When I have time I will count them. Icelandic Sheepdogs are so intelligent and tractable.

Korpur is a handsome dog; I had forgotten how gorgeous his own mother Binky is. Now I know for sure where he got his good looks. It doesn't really need to be said, but his coloring is indeed acceptable to the AKC and the home country. The standard always said it was OK. Now an acknowledged expert brought into this country for evaluations and training has agreed.

I am forever indebted to Ginny and Ben for the amazing dog they let me have from Alaska. Thank you!!

No comments: