Sunday, November 4, 2012

FS-NX

Moved a couch and coffee table up to the new office today. I've had the coffee table since about 1970 - it's a ship hatch (door) that was converted into a coffee table and takes abuse while still looking very nice. My brother David had one years ago when he lived in Florida and I asked him to get one for me and bring it back to Michigan - - at least that's how I remember it happening.
My taste of furnishings in the annex has been called 'eclectic', which is probably kind. I would have called it graduate school modern in my day. It's really a hodge podge of old things but they seem to work nicely together. (Clicking on photos enlarges them.)
My northern neighbor told me today that he took the boat dock. He said that he paid the former owner for it. He also said he bought the dock leading out into the water. I won't make an issue of it.
He had someone drive over his breakwater and onto my beach to go out on his beach and mow his phragmites, the tall pampas-like introduced alien grass that has taken over the habitat of our native cattails driving out the red-wing blackbirds. Pity. I really like them. Maybe one day they will be like the passenger pigeons - extinct.
I will have to be careful of the dynamics of the relationship between neighbors. I'll do fine. I hope. Good fences - - - - - - .

No comments: