Friday, November 9, 2012

Sans Souci - Friday, November 9, 2012

The photo below shows the view of my road into Sans Souci from across M-25 - Lakeshore Road - south of Forestville, Michigan. 

The dirt road you see straight ahead is about 1500 feet long and leads to where my pole barn is and where my house will (soon?) be and Lake Huron. The mixed mostly evergreen forest that the road bisects is mine.
I had a really nice conversation with Jeff who owns the property north of me. Jeff is also from Royal Oak and used to live down near 13 Mile and Campbell years and years ago as a kid. I live on 13 Mile. His family owned a popular paint store in Royal Oak years ago. Isn't that amazing? His wife teaches in Port Huron.

But wait! Just immediately north of him is a home that a couple of Royal Oak architects built as a vacation home several years ago. Their office is on Center Street south of Lincoln. Thursday I had an appointment with Brian and Daren, my architect and, hopefully, builder, and drove past and noticed the Schneider's offices near Oakland Community College in Royal Oak for the first time. Before I knew they had a home up there! Also amazing. That must be fate or karma or kismet or something. I will have to go meet them down here!

So ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ that means that three of the four families either living up there or with homes up there, mine and the three homes north of me, are from Royal Oak. What are the chances!

I also spent a good couple of hours talking with Jim Dawson, a man about my age who has a business up there. (I took the above photo from the parking lot of his business.) He and his girlfriend live in a home on the west side of M-25 just south of my place. It looks awesome and the price is really good. They are downsizing and have put their larger home up for sale. It's completely handicap-accessible because he built it to accommodate his mother before she passed. It even has an elevator to go from the first to the second floor. The view from those two homes overlooks a gorgeous valley and is amazing. Jim's current house is down the road from the house that's for sale. The house that's for sale is one of those "once in a life time" homes.

Jim and his girlfriend have an amazing St. Bernard named Hogan who fell in love with the smell of my dogs on my clothes. I've often had people ask me why dogs love me so much. That's easy. They smell my dogs on me and know I'm safe.

No comments: