Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sans Souci ~ Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The horse shoe has been hung - temporarily, but hung so the luck can start to collect!
The 'rib' on the wall prevents an 'easy hang' so I might put it inside the FS/NX. Maybe over the kitchen sink too. I'd hate for it to fall on someone if the door gets slammed.

The refrigerator is now in the kitchen and so is the microwave. Plates, glasses, cups, silverware, pots, pans, etc. are all set to welcome the dogs and me and, who knows, perhaps even visitors. Even the obligatory rooster is hanging on the kitchen wall over the sink.
David's "dancing" painting has been hung over the sofa and Cathy's sheepskin is over the back.
I love this painting of Jon's, it's an example of his old style figuratives, and possibly one of his very first paintings. Actually my very old green outdoor chair IS comfortable. I don't want to leave it outside in the winter so, here it is! Eclectic, as Brian says.
I need some kind of table near the door to throw my keys and stuff on when I come into the room. For now, another green outdoor chair works just fine. The heat is on in the bathroom and the utility room. It's quite cozy. (Remember, clicking on the photos enlarges them. To return to the text, click on the X in the upper right hand corner.)


I had another good talk with a neighbor, John. I got the grand tour last time I was up there from another neighbor Jeff.
I'm excited that Mike and Debbi are going to show Sunna in the 'breed ring' (conformation) on Saturday, November 24. I think she looks great; they should do good. Fortunately Jennifer will be there to help if necessary. It's really nice to see some old fashioned shorter haired Icelandics in the breed ring.
Totty is coming back 'home' this Sunday after this coming cluster. I wonder how the other dogs will react to Totty. She's been away a long time. Ann will be taking a short break and start showing her again after the holidays.

No comments: