Sunday, October 16, 2016

Autumn, October 16, 2016

I tend to "look up" but the scenery is just as amazing, spectacular "down" too. My Nord Mark (North Forest) this rainy morning. Clicking on photos enlarges them.





I love my Hosta and they are still putting on a very interesting show this fall too. Tree leaves show amazing color this time of the year; so do smaller plants.






We haven't had a frost here yet, perhaps we're overdue. Lake Huron does moderate our weather keeping us colder in the spring and warmer in the fall. The volunteer Cosmos are still amazing and the Dahlia lady's contribution to my garden continue to provide abundant flowers. Autumn rains do weigh the flower heavy stems down but who cares, eh? Rambunctious cottage gardens! Yay!



It took me three days but I finished planting almost 400 bulbs yesterday. I don't have my three kinds of garlic cloves in the ground. This week for sure. That should be a snap compared to the flower bulbs. Spring flowers to look forward to gets me through the winter!

No comments: