Saturday, June 24, 2017

Sandusky, Michigan - Garden Walk - Wednesday, June 21, 2017

This week the Sandusky, Michigan Garden Club had their annual garden walk. Fortunately we had one perfect day this week and it happened to be the garden walk day; our bus took us to the gardens which were all on a golf course. There were some very nice gardens.

Years ago I met Pauline Banyai, the Hosta Lady, at the Royal Oak Farmers Market where she sold plants every Saturday morning. I did buy a few Hosta from her including one of the very first variegated leaved ones which she bred and named Gold Standard.  I saw this plant which reminded me of Gold Standard. I asked someone, Mary who lives in Kingston, if she knew the name and she said, "Oh that's Gold Standard. I have many of them. Perhaps she will one day share some offshoots with me. Clicking on photos enlarges them.



a nice blue Hosta

Hosta

a nice climbing honeysuckle

Clematis

Lysimachia

Some Heuchera

Dragonfly made from an old fan

Spooning with a frog?


No comments: