Friday, January 19, 2018

Friday, January 19, 2017

Two days ago Lake Huron in front of my house by Forestville was frozen quite a ways out. You can see open water way out. Then, voila, this morning the reverse - open water by the shore and for quite a ways out and then ice in the distance. Clicking on photos enlarges them.



The sun rise this morning - and then later, just before noon, the sun was reflecting off sparkling mini-icebergs.



Sunlight makes a huge difference; the animals love basking in the house in the winter sun. Here's I-Ching and Bear.


I don't follow the "rules" with my mother cyclamen plant. I water it just like all my plants; it never stops flowering but does slow down in the summer. That's fine. Who needs flowering plants in the house in the spring, summer, and fall? In the winter it always produces more blooms right on schedule and just when most needed. This plant below is a seedling perhaps from the fourth or fifth generation removed.


And here are Great-Great-Great Grandma on the left and mom.


No comments: