Saturday, July 20, 2019

Port Huron to Mackinaw Sailboat Race

I've been estivating indoors because of the excessive heat and humidity and have missed the excitement of the annual Port Huron to Mackinaw sailboat race.

While I realize that watching sailboats race from long distance doesn't have the same blood pressure raising, adrenaline pumping, nail biting, cliff hanging feel, it is nonetheless a quintessential Michigan summer experience.

The following shots are from a great distance and the humidity is extremely high today making the photos look foggy.

Regardless, here are some photos taken at the same moment in time to show the spread of boats.Several successive batches of sailboats have passed my windows. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.

We had a violent storm right after I took these photos. I hope everyone is OK and they all finished the race.









No comments: