Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Anthony Beasley

 Anthony, a black American, worked in a warehouse moving boxes, packing and unpacking stuff. In his spare time he would create fantastic art using leftover cardboard pieces. Let me be clear. He was never trained as an artist. Didn't go to an art school at a university. Didn't take any classes. It's just what he did in this spare time. He used crayons, magic markers, pens, pencils, literally anything that could make color. On pieces of cardboard. He combined images he had seen in magazines, nature shows, photographs, etc. He also wanted his art to have depth so using pins he poked holes in the cardboard to give his pictures texture. I've had the pieces framed and covered with UV resistant glass to protect the images making the pin-texture unavailable - but I know it's there. I last heard that he had retired and moved west. I apologize for the poor quality of the photos; clicking on them will enlarge them.














No comments: