Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Memorial Day

 I've some new photos of Icelandic Sheepdog puppy Vinlands Birna from Sally and Daniel. They noticed some markings on the backs of her ears which intrigued me. I know I've seen that pattern before - several times. Strong genes. I had a very hard time finding photos of dogs with similar markings (because I have hundreds and hundreds of photos of Icelandic Sheepdogs!).


Here are the backs of Birna's ears: - 


Vinlands Birna

And those of another related Icelandic Sheepdog Ketunsaran Tumi Snaekollur: - 


Ketunsaran Tumi Snaekollu

Ketunsaran Tumi Snaekollu

I know there was at least one Icy here in North America with those same ear markings. Maybe someone out there remembers his/her name?


Regardless here are some more recent photos of Birna, with her amazing tail and tail set, from Sally and Daniel.

Birna

Birna

Birna

Here are some recent shots of Vinlands Tryggur: - 


Vinlands Tryggur

Tryggur

Spiraea

Rhododendron

Redbud - Cercis canadensis

Solomon's Seal - Polygonatum odoratum
(I didn't know they were fragrant!)

Woodland Hyacinth

Bullfrogs

How many can you count?

Iris about to open




No comments: