Tuesday, June 15, 2021

David Kelly Carnahan, John Cynar, Craig Paul Nowak

There are several artists whose bodies of works have only one or sometimes two pieces in my home. I wish I had more but . . . I do love what I do have. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.


David Kelly Carnahan's painting of a New Mexico winter is one of my favorite paintings. I've enjoyed this piece below for more than 50 years. I love the bleakness and yet completeness of the scene. I can see myself there. Never met Kelly but his painting continues to capture my imagination. I see new things in it all the time.


Winter Storm New Mexico - Kelly Carnahan - 48" x 38"

Untitled - John Cynar - 22" x 30"

Untitled - John Cynar - 8.5" x 17"

John Cynar has done wonderful and classy pieces for my "cave", pieces that are great art and also wonderful memories for me.

Gilda Snowden - 48" x 60" Craig Paul Nowak

I hadn't heard about Gila Snowden when I first met Craig Nowak at a pre-art exhibit years ago now and fell in love with his art and in particular this painting of Gilda. Eventually I did actually meet Gilda and her husband and daughter in her studio which started my exploration into the art scene in Detroit. Gilda was a very much beloved artist and teacher, a Detroit and Michigan treasure.


No comments: