Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Liz Stacy-Hurley

 Liz was one of the original Icelandic Sheepdog people in the United States. She got us started. I'm not sure of the exact relationship but I think she had an Icelandic female cousin who lived in Iceland and visiting her is how she became acquainted with the breed. She had many dogs and used "Viking" as her kennel name. The backgrounds of many dogs in North America have her dogs listed. I didn't realize her other, her first talent, was her art. Years ago now I visited her and her husband on the east coast and saw her studio, an enormous room where she painted and actually taught students.  I'm sorry for the poor quality of the photos; I am not a photographer. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.


Selfie






Practicing Eyes!


Painting troublesome people away


No comments: