Tuesday, September 28, 2021

 When I first moved here I planted some Corylus. Got a few nuts last year and even more this year. So far the squirrels haven't found them (but I know they will eventually). My heirloom tomatoes self seed in the garden and every year they come up and produce lovely old fashioned tomatoes. Sure they come in long after the tomatoes everyone else plants but I don't have to lift a finger - they self seed in the garden and grow without my help. Just enough for BLTs. Yummy! Clicking on photos will enlarge them.


Hazelnuts/Filberts

Heirloom Tomatoes

The mist rising from the water plus the sunlight on the water almost, if you use your imagination, made it look like the water was on fire. Sometimes the seagulls congregate just offshore - as do the Canada Geese.






I do get lovely sunrises but my forest hides the sunsets. I still do get some nice cloud colors as the sun is going down. Moon shots are always nice, imo. Often I get two ships passing - sometimes going in the same direction, sometimes going in opposite directions. Three ships passing is a new one though. I've heard that the curvature of the earth prevents seeing things further out than about ten miles. I sometimes see just the smokestacks of ships the rest being hidden. I'd guess the third ship is about ten miles +/- out.






No comments: