Monday, September 6, 2021

Labor Day Weekend

 I clean and dress my wound every morning; it's currently rather painful but getting better slowly. I have three scheduled appointments and seem to be starting down that road I've traveled with others in the past. I'm optimistic and realistic. The four footed furry friends keep me company and take very long naps with me so all is well and all manner of things will be well.



The turkey vultures are gathering and starting their annual fall migration to warmer winter homes. Sad sight to see but it's time.




My heirloom tomatoes have produced fruit again this year. I don't plant them; They grow from seed left in the garden from the previous year's tomatoes and breed true. lovely, old-fashioned tomatoes with that old taste. Great BLT's.



This moth was found by the dogs earlier; I rescued it and released it. Moths evolved before butterflies I've been told.




Bullfrogs "court" all summer so their tadpoles are produced all summer. Most are probably eaten by the resident snapping turtle but some manage to mature. I believe it takes them a few years to mature and under metamorphosis. This small-ish one probably emerged this year.





Fall and the butterfly bushes flower just in time to feed emerging butterflies and monarchs migrating to Mexico.




"Turn, turn, turn . . . " Also with autumn comes the sweet autumn clematis.





Clouds. Always changing. Made of water. Just like us. 





Ships passing in the - - - day.







No comments: