Monday, September 19, 2011

Vinlands Piaf, Vinlands Kani



On Saturday and Sunday, September 17 and 18, the St. Clair Kennel Club had its Breed and Obedience trial at Goodells County Park. Vinlands Kani (Tryggur - on the right) finished his AKC Rally Novice title under Judge David Haddock and Judge Delvyn Lunn and Vinlands Piaf (Pila - on the left) finished her Rally Advanced title under the same judges, Judge David Haddock and Judge Delvyn Lunn.

Tryggur also earned two more points towards his AKC Champion title in Breed under Judge Elizabeth Muthard on Saturday and Judge Charles Olvis on Sunday. Eileen Hyde started Tryggur (aka Yankee) on his path towards his breed title. I hope I don't disappoint Eileen and we finish him. This trial was the first time I showed successfully in conformation and I did it two days in a row because I made a mistake when entering Tryggur. At the advice of the nice lady on the phone, I entered Tryggur in BBE - not realizing that BBE means Bred By Exhibitor. That meant the breeder/exhibitor, which is me, HAD to show the dog. I was not a good student in Roz Jenkins drop in Conformation class on Monday nights at Sportsmens. I was a klutz running around the ring and "showing" Tryggur. Roz and Shirley Baker really tried to help me but I have two left feet - or maybe two right feet but whatever, I do not have one of each! I think Shirley and Roz wanted to give up on me. Maybe the judges felt sorry for me. Regardless, I am becoming quite fond of showing in Breed (I wonder why!) although my real loves still seem to be agility, rally and obedience. All along Sylvia and Jennifer Sanders have been there to support and encourage me. Bless them. I would not have done it without them pushing and pulling me. They would not let me stop what Eileen started.

Pila (left) and Tryggur (right) are taking a well deserved break after their fantastic weekend! Don't they look regal? Me? I'm very surprised, slightly frazzled and quite tired.

No comments: