Friday, September 9, 2011

Gifted and Talented - - -





We just spent a wonderful week with a good friend who loves Icelandics as much as I do because of and in spite of their enthusiasm and intelligence.

She has asked me NOT to include her image and I have done so - - sort of. I suspect she did not want to be identified as a friend and must say I understand and don't blame her.

The gathering of dogs or the swirl of Icelandics or the hurricane of Icies or the storm of ISDs or the blizzard of Icelandic Sheepdogs - - all became identifiers this week. We had one straight week of rain, drizzle, mist, cloudy skies, and damp.What's up with that?

We read - lots. We ate plenty and drank moderately.

We traveled to a foreign country and visited an art museum while there. We browsed a few "vintage" clothing stores. Toured the largest Arab American Museum in North America. Breakfasted at Frittata and a few other restaurants. Ate delicious whitefish at Lily's and the Red Coat Inn's famous (infamous?) burger and fries. Were feted by friends. Went twice to Sportsmen's Dog Training Club with Kata, Pila, Totty and visited with some of my good friends while there. Got sidetracked by the seasonal orange barrels that litter the roads, expressways, highways of Michigan. Never finished the assigned project: -

I LIE FACE UP
IN THE SUN
HAPPIER THAN YOU
WILL EVER BE

I grieve for myself because I don't live near her.

No comments: