Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday (Thor's Day) 5-24-12



A beautiful spring day. You're probably tired of all the Icelandic Sheepdog puppy photos so today it's garden photos. I don't have any grass in my backyard because I don't have a lawn mower.



Can you find the Pila, Kria and Tryggur hidden at the bottom of the Rhododendron?


Here are Bear (in the sun), Kria, Pila, and Totty. (Clicking on photos enlarges them a bit.)

 Bear and Kria. People ask me if my dogs don't destroy my garden. I ask you: Does it look like it? Like all Icelandics they can be pretty rambunctious running through things like whirling dervishes. I do not discourage them. It's their yard more than it's mine. They are out in it year long. I don't use it much in the winter. 

Our motto here? You have to be tough if you're a plant in this yard. If you can't survive the Icelandics, you don't belong here.

 My favorite Peony - probably because it's one I grew from a seed. Yes, you can do that! They are plants like all other plants! And it smells like Peonies are supposed to smell. I have some more seedlings this year too.

No comments: