Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday, July 13, 2013

We spent a few wonderful days up at the Pole Barn aka Sans Souci. The dogs LOVE it up there. I did a lot of work in the old pine forest, around the apple tree, etc. The power of the old forest is amazing.
Some progress is being made but at greater cost that I imagined. I believe things are being done "right" but the cost over-runs are really surprising me. Was this done on purpose; am I P.T. Barnum's "sucker"? I wish I knew. Or maybe I don't.

Pit run gravel has been added to the clay/silt mixture and vehicles can move but that's my separate expense. More sand has been brought in to fill in around the basement, also my additional responsibility. A trench and PVC drain to the bluff was finished - at my expense. Crushed stone for the driveway, ditto. Clay fill to build up the land around the house, ditto. Repair to the septic field, ditto. Additional lines for the pole barn septic tank, ditto. Porches and steps, not included! I will not be able to afford a fenced area for the dogs, landscaping, fixing the ravine, etc. Who knew that a bid, accepted, did not include everything.

What additional future hidden expenses are there? I feel betrayed.

I'm unsure "why" the bidding process didn't include some things. Thought it included everything.

No comments: