Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I do feel for Clair and John, Ron, and Travis; they have to work in this wet, slippery, clayey muck. I don't feel the drainage and clay are my fault. I feel that correcting the problem should be part of Clair's responsibility - he lives and works up there and could have or should have had a better understanding of the soil and conditions. It's his business and his neighborhood. 

I think my architect could have or should have realized the problem beforehand. Couldn't someone have taken soil samples before undertaking the bidding and building  - rhetorical question. I don't mean to be an armchair quarterback and realize it's a big problem. They are the experts, the people in the business.

Whatever.

To get a good luck at the muck, click on the photos.It's thicker and stickier than it looks.
Clair says the 'solution' is pit run gravel for the 'driveway' and pea gravel and drainage tile running around the exterior of the basement and running to the bluff both of which, apparently, are my responsibility, extra money-wise. Brian agrees but suggests I ought to negotiate. Now? Can anyone say lose/lose?

I am concerned about the existing septic tank and field for the house too. Will it be enough? Will it have drainage issues too?

I was screwed on the septic tank and field for the pole barn with a different builder. I'm grateful I can vent on the blog. Things will look better in the morning. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

No comments: