Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Totty and Calvin

Here are two new photos of Kross Gola Kelinn, the father of our expected Icelandic Sheepdog puppies which are due in about two weeks. Isn't he amazingly handsome? Totty is starting to show now. Clicking on photos enlarges them.

 
 
Calvin's photos above were taken by Kristine Hynes at the recent Novi show and used with her permission.
 
I have started thinking about names for the new puppies. I wonder how many there will be and how many of each gender we'll get. I also wonder about their new homes.

I think the clear area around the moon is very interesting, don't you?
 

Sunrises are spectacular here. Look at these photos below taken several minutes apart. I sit with my toast, oatmeal or Egg Beaters, and coffee or English breakfast tea and listen to Jean Jacques sing and watch "my" sun rise.

 
 
 
 

I can be contacted at: - jaimehansen1@frontier.com - if you might be interested in an Icelandic Sheepdog puppy from two American Kennel Club champion parents. I can send combined five generation pedigrees for the puppies on request. The inbreeding score is 0.68% - that's less than a one percent rate of inbreeding through five generations. (Back in the 1990s the expected puppies had one shared set of Great-Great-Great Grandparents.) The pups have Norwegian, Dutch, Danish, Icelandic, American, Canadian, and German ancestors that can trace their ancestries back to Iceland, of course. I'd like for the pups names to somehow reflect that! I love choosing names. As much as possible, I like to keep the names simple, pronounceable (by Americans), easy to spell, and meaningful. Personally, I like to follow the KISS suggestions. (KISS - Keep It Short and Simple.)

No comments: