Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Miss Timber


I recently received this email from Sally, Daniel, and Miss Timber - their Icelandic Sheepdog. It's hard for me to believe that Miss T is over three years old now. Time flies. Here's one of my favorite photos from soon after she arrived at her new home. Clicking on photos enlarges them.

Miss T
 
Totty is Miss Timber's mother; Laki, owned by Colleen Schmidt, is her father. Hasn't she turned out to be a stunningly beautiful girl? She reminds me of Kria, her maternal grandmother below.

Grandma Kria

Grandma Kria -
photo by Cathi Winkles used with permission

I hope this finds you well and enjoying the change in season! We have been following your blog and love seeing the photos of Totty's gorgeous puppies!!!

Just wanted to send along this recent picture of Timber, enjoying a day on the lake at Promised Land State Park. She looks rather serious in this photo-concentrating on the waves I think. In reality, she is a very happy girl...loves swimming, hiking and generally hanging out with us in the Poconos. She is also very well adapted to city living when we go into Philly, and I credit her ability to be comfortable in a variety of settings to your excellent advice when she and her litter mates were puppies.


Miss Timber aka Vinlands Isla

We enjoy our advanced obedience class, where she excels,  and Timber is a super therapy dog-always puts a smile on people's faces with her happy and enthusiastic greeting!

In any case, thank you for giving us this wonderful 'girl' who is a huge part of our life. We absolutely love her. Keep those puppy pictures coming....gets us thinking about maybe getting her a buddy one of these days if Daniel ever cuts back on his work.


= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I love it so much when my families keep in contact. It's so cool to hear how 'my' puppies are doing. I never, never get tired of looking at their photos.

I am happy to give advice. The internet is a great place to find information; I believe that most of it is reliable. It is important for each person to do his/her own research, however. When asked for advice, I do not tell my families what they should do. I merely offer my opinions based on my experience as a long time volunteer obedience and agility trainer at an AKC club in Metro Detroit, an AKC Rally evaluator, a life time member of the breed club for Icelandic Sheepdogs in the US, and a long time breeder and exhibitor of AKC registered dogs of several breeds. I am still not an expert and I am always learning. I have always believed that we all do better when we all do better. I believe that an important hallmark of our human species is cooperation. I don't mean to sound 'preachy'.

No comments: