Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday, February 19, 2016

I'm an early riser and many, perhaps too many, of my photos are of "first light" or sunrises; my home looks east towards Canada. I don't have a great camera but it is easy to use and produces some nice photos, in my opinion. The black photo below has Mars near the middle - it even looks red, or reddish. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.


Having just said that, the next two photos are still looking east but show the light from a setting sun behind my back turning the clouds and ice a marvelous shade of plumy-pink.


 
 Another sunrise; sometimes the sun just peeking over the horizon looks almost double.

 
Korpur - who would stay outside longer if I left him.

This is mist rising from the cold lake.




The new room is not even close to being and it's taken almost as long to get to this point as it took to build the whole house. I pass along the Greek blessing/curse.

First light over Lake Huron 24 hours later on Saturday; the blue was almost cobalt blue, one of my favorite colors, and we've very little ice nearby although ice will continue be carried by from the colder waters of Lake Superior for weeks to come.

No comments: