Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday, February 15, 2016

Totty and Calvin's puppies from my last litter are one year old today. Happy birthday kids. Clicking on photos enlarges them. I fully realize that every breeder thinks their puppies and dogs are the best. In that respect I am no different from the pack. I think my pups are gorgeous and near-perfect. As you can see in the photos below, they are the rare short-coated type of Icelandics; they are in their "teen years" so they look tall and leggy but they will fill out as they grow.


Vinlands Tully Lulu

Vinlands Kathleen

Vinlands Kippa Jane

Vinlands Elisabeth

Vinlands Gunnar*

Vinlands Bangsi

Lake Huron changes. Yesterday the ice and snow were out towards the middle of the lake and the inland waters were open and had ice floes.



Last night the water looked rose colored and the waves almost looked iridescent.


 
Today the ice has been pushed shore-wards and the middle of the lake looks open.



We've been hearing a lot about the problems with the lead in the city of Flint's water. One of the suspected results is tooth loss in adults due to poisonous lead in the drinking water. Does testing the water for the presence of lead require a separate test from the standard tests for pollutants? I wonder how that has affected dogs. I'd like to hear what area vets are saying. I wonder if dogs have been losing teeth because of lead.

*The ear came up soon after that shot was taken.

No comments: