Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday, March 19, 2016

One cloud this morning but more to come, they say. I'm close enough to Detroit that I get their stations and their weather predictions. Sometimes they hold true for here; sometimes they don't.



I had a chance to import frozen semen from an amazing male abroad but things didn't work out. I'm disappointed but, strangely, relieved. I learned a lot proving that lessons can be learned at any age. I do not have any intact dogs now. I would have imported only for others to use A.I. to improve their stock and to diversify the US gene pool.

Doug from Hill Top Nursery got back to me about the Hamamelis varieties I wanted to order. Success! Very soon now my plant orders for this spring will begin to arrive and insist on being planted immediately. For me that's very exciting. Some people like to go for a week or ten days on long cruises with strangers to amazing places to see amazing things. I've done my traveling with all of its pleasures and, unfortunately, some inconveniences. At this stage of my life I have to say, I want to say, that I get excited about adding to my burgeoning garden many familiar and also some new to me unfamiliar plants that I will be able to enjoy virtually all year long. I LOVE walking around my garden and yard with my hot cuppa and the dogs looking for signs of spring life.

No comments: