Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

In this well known Robert Frost poem the two roads are just as fair. 
(First line of the second stanza. Also the first three lines of the third stanza.) 
 
 
I believe it is possible to take both roads, perhaps not at the same time though.
My life's latest journey has been amazing and worth the decades-long wait.
Without having taken the second road, I would not now be on the first one.
The second road facilitated the first one which I went back to recently.
I was able to go back. I've been blessed.
 
Iris. Thank you for the timely reminder of one of my favorite thoughtful poems.
 

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
 

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
 

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
 

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost
 
 
Daren and Greg have been working on the West End and the metal roof of the sitting room.
(Daren's up at the top.)
 
The addition will be painted the same color as the house so the white battens will disappear.
 
 

No comments: