Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday, August 15, 2016

I went to Eckert's Greenhouse in Troy this morning because their Hosta are on sale and I wanted to expand my garden. I'd forgotten how long the trip is. Traveling on Van Dyke takes a long time and it's not a pleasant trip. Returning  with my van full of new Hosta I took 16 Mile (Metropolitan Highway) over to I-94, a much much easier trip.

These Rudbeckia, which I brought with me as small divisions, are a really happy canary yellow. They have prospered and are now more than five feet tall. I will think fondly of J. J. my recently passed yellow canary every time I look at them. He was a happy companion. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.




Next to the yellow rudbeckia are these Silphium perfoliatum, a different shade of yellow but also very happy, large plants.

The smaller rudbeckia below are a first time experiment.  I think they'll look much better next summer.


No comments: