Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday, September 26, 2016

When I need a shoulder to lean on I can always count on Kathy who came for a visit yesterday.





The dogs are swirling around Kathy; they love her. The interesting thing for me is that they loved her even more AFTER she cut and dremelled their nails! They think she's amazing. Dogs know. They just know!

I especially love how the trees are reflected in the windows behind her, don't you? I can easily see why birds are tempted to fly through the glass - unsuccessfully. The hanging mirrored stars greatly reduce the bird-window confrontations. Clicking on photos enlarges them.

After the rain gardens are more lovely, don't you think? There are several different species of goldenrods and each has its own charm. This woodland variety grows in deep shade and offers a Harry Potter electric wand of yellow.


Hosta are especially nice after a shower or a deluge. This one is as near to perfection as it's possible to get.

It's been interesting to me how plants perform differently in different locales. In Royal Oak I had tried unsuccessfully for many years to grow liriopes. I rescued the plant below on the left from a bargain bin at a shopping center three years ago. It just simply thrived here increasing in size so I planted three additional ones this summer near it and I hope they do as well. They flower this time of year.


A really nice tall dahlia from the dahlia lady.

The north deck was stained last week and Fred was working on the bluff deck on Sunday and got half done. He power washed it first. He wanted me to clear the brush away from the sides which I did but I also got a nice dose of poison ivy which I've been dealing with for several days now.


No comments: