Monday, December 26, 2016

Happy Christmas

The closest thing we got to Santa's reindeer today was a solitary deer in the rain. Does that make him/her a rain-deer? The Rain-deer stopped by the Sans Souci porch but was apparently turned away
and then wandered down to the fenced yard. The dogs thought it was lovely. Click on photos to enlarge them.




Although the waves had whitecaps, we settled in for a long day in the warm and toasty house.



This are the first flowers on this fourth generation Clivia.

I went out between a series of pouring rain storms today to try and catch and photograph the young evergreens in the soggy snow so that I would have some before and after photos - hopefully. They've now been in the ground here for three growing seasons and are beginning to look like trees, small ones to be sure, but trees regardless. Somewhere I have a few photos stored of the same area before I attacked the overgrowth on junk trees, shrubs, grapevines, bottles, cans, assorted deer skeletons, etc. If I can find them, I'll add them too.












No comments: