Friday, December 23, 2016

Happy Festivus

Happy Festivus!


I don't get to see this view (above) of Lake Huron much of the year because the leaves of the birch bark trees hides it. I look forward to my expanded views during the "leafless" season when deciduous trees shed their leaves in order to conserve water. Clicking on photos enlarges them.



PBS had an amazing piece of Van Gogh's ear. Yes, he really did cut the whole thing off. Dr. Rey was the attending physician and this is his diagram (below) of what poor Vincent did. Rachel, the lady he gave his ear to was also identified. He might actually have met her in Paris, where she had traveled to be treated by Pasteur for a bite from a rabid dog , and later followed her to Arles where she probably worked as a cleaning lady in brothels. She was only 16. Amazing stuff.


I had no idea Arles was such an interesting town. Looked like intact Roman coliseum and amphitheater. That's a place I would love to see.



No comments: