Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The wind!! This is the first time I've noticed real white caps on Lake Huron; the rustling of the leaves on the trees and roar of the surf from the shore below reverberate in the north woods and is wonderful. I love the connection to nature! I just heard on our local ABC channel 7 news that Lakes Huron and Michigan are up 15" from last year. That's hard to believe!! Clicking on photos enlarges them.

The two photos above were taken from the double-deck (below) which is on the bluff.
Coming up from the double-deck, I'm greeted by my envious canine pack.
The garden continues to change almost daily. I really miss my garden back in Royal Oak; it was old and well established. It's challenging to start over especially with absolutely no garden stores anywhere.
Early this spring I transplanted some Monarda (AKA: - Bergamot, Bee Balm, Oswego tea), probably Cambridge Scarlet into my grassland. I figured if wild Monarda fistulosa with its pale lilac flowers does well around here, then probably the red Monarda didyma and the burgundy Monarda media would do well too! (There are some volunteer M. fistulosa in my north woods garden that should flower soon.).

Alas and alack the adoption of the little female puppy that Barb and I wanted didn't work out. Like the fox in the proverbial "Fox and the Grapes", I've already been rationalizing; it is surely for the best.

I just heard from Sunna's family; the results of her PennHIP scores put her in the 90th percentile. Congratulations! It is possible to breed for all things!

Suzanne's Tryggur just had his hips tested and we are anxiously waiting for the results!

No comments: