Monday, August 11, 2014

Looking for a New Home

I have just found out about a neutered  Icelandic Sheepdog boy that needs a new home. I don't have a photo of him yet but I'll add it if/when I get one. (Here it is!)

This is Thor and he's just about a year old!! He recently learned how to jump through a hoop I was just told. I hope Tony gets to see this. He's beautiful, oops, handsome. Right now he's a gangly "teenager". He will soon beef up a bit.

His mother is a tricolor that acts like she's a border collie. She was adopted by a lady who wanted a companion  with whom she could maybe do dog sports. The dog arrived fat and dirty. After two weeks she took her to a vet to get her neutered and they discovered that she was pregnant. She gave birth two days later to five healthy purebred Icelandic Sheepdog puppies. (Unfortunately the pups could not be registered even though his parents were pure Icelandics.)

Homes were found for all of the unexpected puppies but recently one of the families lost their home and had to move so the owner of the mother has him back.

I've heard he is crate trained. I'll try to find out more.

If you're interested, send me an email. jaimehansen1@frontier.com


 

No comments: