Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Gilda Snowden

I just found out that Gilda Snowden passed away today. She was an instructor at College for Creative Studies in Detroit and was exhibited at the Detroit Institute of Arts. A few years ago I met Gilda, her husband Bill Boswell, and their daughter Katherine Boswell at Gilda's studio. Over the years I also ran into them a few times at shows. She enfolded people with her love and caring. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Before I met Gilda in person I fell in love with her by way of a painting that Craig Nowak did. I think you can see her, really see her, in that portrait. It's now hanging on the wall of my home in Palms, Michigan.

In addition to being a great artist herself, she was a dedicated instructor and committed mentor to students, staff, and her fellow artists. She will be deeply missed.


Clicking on the photo will enlarge it.

No comments: