Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday, September 15, 2014

Icelandic Sheepdogs were shown in conformation at an AKC trial in nearby St. Clair County; we now live in Sanilac County. So early Saturday morning I was traveling on small country roads in order to get there at show time around 8:00 a.m. I'm glad I did - even though I got lost twice (of course I did NOT ask for directions and I do not have GPS). Some corners where two roads meet have no road signs so you don't know the names of the roads unless you live nearby. Duh! Other roads change their names every few miles. One road had four different names! (I know, I know, I'm making excuses. I'm allowed.)

I saw some good friends including Coleen Schmidt whose male Laki (Foothills Laki) was used with Totty for her first litter, and Tina Carney who was there with a very nice boy (I missed his name) that I would love to be able to use with Totty some time in the future. His temperament was very calm like Bear's. I wonder if the relationship is too close, however. I also wonder if he carries either the b-gene or the at-gene - or both?

Jennifer was there with two of her girls Nella (Hidow Stassa Nella) who is almost two years old I think and her newest puppy Isabella (Stefsstells Ingalo Isabella) born in February from a great kennel owned by Stefanía Sigurðardóttir in Iceland. They both did very well last weekend.

Nella - left and a new male (right) bred by Colleen
Clicking on photos enlarges them.

I've been lobbying for Edgar as a handler - so far unsuccessfully. I've been reminded of the phrase several times recently: Things will turn out OK in the end. If they are not OK, then it's not the end. I'm never sure if it's "Che sera, sera." or "Que sera, sera." (Probably the former.)

Lake Huron looked pink this morning. Something I apparently cannot capture on film - well, it's not really "film" per se anymore is it?

David and Carolyn are taking one of their fantastic trips soon. I'm envious, of course. I wish I had a traveling companion.

Kathy's older brother and wife are coming back from their new home for their "homecoming". I shudder at doing same. Never. Not this old rose!

No comments: