Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday, September 20, 2014


How sweet it is - was that a line from Jackie Gleason?
 

Clicking on photos enlarges them.

Saw these on the way to meet a friend for lunch. (Can anyone guess what they are? Here's a hint: Big Chief and Pioneer. Another one? Swiss chard - related.) It seems like many, many months since I've seen her and it was good to catch up.



When you get away from the scenic road (M-25 or Lakeshore Road) which follows along the edge of the Thumb by Lake Huron and Saginaw Bay, you see dozens and dozens of these! I wonder what the farmers make from them? Seems like a good "crop", eh? They are huge.

My Colchicums have started to flower. I am so happy about that. I was concerned that they hadn't survived. (See my post from 9/15/'14.

No comments: