Sunday, January 25, 2015

Totty the Icelandic Sheepdog

Totty the Icelandic Sheepdog is beginning to show signs of her pregnancy; according to my calculations, she is due Monday, February 16, 2015 (but I'm right as often as I'm wrong!).

 
 

Her appetite is enormous, her waistline is expanding, her maternal instincts are softening her, and she's slightly, ever so slightly less energetic. Clicking on photos will enlarge them.

The waters of Lake Huron out my windows are ever changing. One morning it will look ice-bound several hundred yards out, the next will show blue water where there was once only ice and snow, the day after that there will be floating 'bergs'.

 
 

Clivia going strong - still.

Another beautiful sunrise.
 
I am re-discovering my love for bird watching this winter. There are several feeders around my yard within binocular view. Coincidentally, Christine and Richard from Washington, who recently gave me The Big Year by Mark Obmascik, and Imelda and Steve from British Columbia, who gave me a website for serious birders where I found "thumb" sightings of birds nearby, have aided and abetted my ornithological curiosity.

No comments: