Thursday, March 26, 2015

Groceries and Errands

I keep telling myself that I really have to run some errands today but it is so much more fun just watching the puppies. They sleep in shifts so there are always puppies playing and puppies sleeping. It amazes me that they can sleep while others are growling, yipping, and roughhousing.

Sherwood Forests Gunnar (aka Edgar) lives in Washington state with Richard and Christine. Edgar is a gorgeous dog from some old North American families that have been here since about 1975.




The pup below was named after Edgar/Gunnar. His coloring is a bit different - what is black in the original Gunnar/Edgar is going to be brown in the puppy Gunnar/Edgar - but the markings are similar, check them out, and he is going to be a stunningly handsome adult like his namesake. Young Gunnar is sound, sound asleep and looking very uncomfortable (at least to me) in the first photo below. 


Young Gunnar is going to live with the Sigurðsson and Ragan family. In the 1980s there was a breeder of Icelandic Sheepdogs in North America named J. Sigurðsson. I know enough about Icelandic last names to know that those two families are probably not closely related and the current Gunnar is not directly descended from the dogs bred by J. Sigurðsson but those coincidences are interesting nevertheless, at least to me. Honestly, all of our dogs are related if you go back far enough!


Sunrises from the last two days: -



A few puppy photos and then I do really have to run to the stores.









Sunrises from the last two days: -


No comments: